View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #59
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Well, I highly doubt that it is necessary to have amazon account to create a collection. I mean the technical side or whatever. Amazon actually forces you to have an account just to keep your kindle working. Creating collections is part of software. So far it's the first time I see an electronics product limited if not registered (usually software needs to be registered so it's legit - not stolen, serial and so on, but I already paid for my kindle). I would get it, if functions like see description didn't work since you need to contact with amazon.
Collections do not require a thing from amazon. I create them on kindle without enabling wifi. I call it plain forcing to have an account even once you don't want it.

Even more, date setting NEEDS to be synced (you can enter only the time). It made a big problem after resetting my kindle, since the date was incorrect and I lost the ability to see by most recent since time setting were incorrect.

And I think there might be some other functionality you might lose.

I'm sorry for not making it completely clear what I mean. English sometimes is hard for me.

It's like having a car with 4 doors and having only two of them work unless you register and keep the account for as long as you want to use all the doors. Does that make sense?

I just really hate to be forced to do things additionally/ not have a choice. If I bought Kindle I should have all functionality without any if/when/as long as you....
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote