View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #50
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by roc View Post
I think as long as I just use the Craig mostly for ereading, music, weather, and news, (with my "throwaway" gmail account) it is not too big a deal - we are in s low-density neighborhood on big lots, so not a lot of threat of cracking the WEP AP since most of the neighbors already have their own ISP connections (one has been running completely open for several years now ;-) ). I have been thinking though about running it through a Linux or BSD firewall to monitor it better ...
That sounds like a reasonable usage scenario, for now. I have the Froyo build on my tablet, and while I'm amazed at the progress, it's still a beta. (There are lock-ups when I'm trying to get out of the lock screen sometimes, for instance.)

Funny you should mention the Palm angle. I come from the Palm world, too, so the multitouch is only mildly bothersome when I'm browsing. I've got Graffiti installed on it, and I'm taking notes and keeping PDA-style info on it (where it would be a little more cumbersome for me to do so on my phone, which is also Android now).
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote