View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 11:43 PM   #10
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipstir View Post
Yes I would agree with you but, the product is not made by them. X5A with just the Coby logo when it boots up. Android OS 2.1 Update 1 build. Runs at 720MHz instead of 800MHz but that's how the TeleChips are even from AuGen Gentouch 78 I did own had same chip but didn't even reach 720MHz only 600MHz. Using the Rooted ROM I did get OC 660MHz.

So this Coby KYROS (aka X5A is made of Glass Layer Touch screen chrome metal and it's heavy) and the leather case is stuck on the back by 4 screws. Speaker is loud an sound excellent.
A reasonable point...but at the end of the day Coby is a low end electronic device re-brander. Of course all companies, even Amazon have their products produced on an "outsource" basis.

Add to that the fact few people, in the US anyway, have seen Coby products anywhere but low end budget stores. Add to it the customer support and what not. It's a case of they have to prove themselves to me, and likely many others, before any of us would even consider their device as an option, at almost any price. And don't overlook the disaster than was Astak and still is to a significant degree. Jinke made but produced to low end specs.

It is a nicely spec'd device but at the end of the day, there are too many of these clone devices running basically the same hardware...but as we all know the hardware itself can be had at various "grade" levels depending on where a given component fails in the QA/QC testing work flow.

Still, you make a reasonable case for the device...the sooner it gets in the hands of real users here on MR and around the web the sooner people will know one way or another. Once was a time that lesser known brands clamored to get their devices into the hands of reviewers, these days it seems as if they try and avoid that, or there could just be a prejudice view of the brands in the media so they don't want to waste their time on anything which doesn't pull hits on the web to collect the ad impression revenue.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote