View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #5
Rob557
Zealot
Rob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob557 View Post
To expand on my earlier comments, the following illustrates the most common examples that I am coming across for the contents of the title field:
series # - title (i.e. no brackets around the number)
series - # - title
series - title
but I'm not having much luck so far trying to modify that regular expression approach.
Hi theducks, I'm a real newbie on regular expressions, and I see now what you were doing with the regular expression you outlined earlier. I had thought /s was somehow making reference to the series field, but now understand it just indicates a space, so the approach you were describing was more of a pragmatic structural approach rather than matching with the contents of the series and index_series fields.

In that context, for the three examples that I gave, it appears the following will work if I can get subsets specific to those structures:
a) "series # - title" or "series - title"
For those two examples, just use "(.+)-" in the "search for" field
b) "series - # - title"
For that example, just use "(.+)- (.+)-" in the "search for" field.
In both cases, the "replace with" field would be blank.

That seems to work well, and I guess I was unnecessarily over complicating things trying to match the contents with the series and index_series. I'm guessing that matching approach may not be very practical anyway.

Thanks theducks for pointing me in the right structural direction !
Rob557 is offline   Reply With Quote