View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 03:06 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoldajr View Post
Greetings to all. I am in my late 60's and new to using e-books. I have tried to read and understand collection and sort orders for book both in the computer library and on my Sony PRS600. I failed and now need help. My needs are very simple. I want the sort order for both devices to be "Author series(if one) and Series #" That is my first need.
First, click column header on the series column, then do the same for the authors column. That sorts by series within authors. You can also tell Calibre to automatically sort this way by setting a tweak called "Specify columns to sort the booklist by on startup" (see preferences->tweaks), you'll want to set that to
Code:
[('authors',0),('series',0)]
Quote:
My more important need is how collections are handled on the PRS600. When I transferred a series to the reader I created some 49 different collections from two series( Robert Jordon Wheel of time, and Alan Dean Fosters Pip and Flinx Series). I expected to have only two collections to show up on my reader (Flinx and Pip, and Wheel of time) not the 49 that i got. my question is how can i set up the defaults to only create collections based on Series if there is one
You can customize which metadata fields create collections in the Sony device interface plugin. Go to preferences->plugins->device interface plugins and look for the Sony interface plugin, then customize that.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote