View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Calling all font and code experts

I've purchased at least 50 books from Kobo and all have been perfect. I have a particular font and font size I enjoy, and all the books I have purchased to date look the same when I use these settings - until now.

I recently purchased a book from Kobo The Boy in the Suitcase, and it displays some pages that are cutoff at the top and bottom, and appears to ignore many carriage return/line feeds, and is always in bold type.

I am able to use a group of settings that allow me to read the book, but I am curious as to what would be wrong with this book. I thought the Kobo settings would over-ride the default settings in an e-book.

Especially strange is that Adobe Digital Editions displays the book correctly - why not the Kobo reader?

Attached is an example of the copyright page on ADE and Kobo. See how the Kobo doesn't get it right.

Can any of you experts comment?

ltr
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CaptureADE.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	79743   Click image for larger version

Name:	CaptureKOBO.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	79744