View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #84
StephenM
Temporal Tourist
StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StephenM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo VOX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
Can shop owner copy someone elses design of a stunning one of a kind evening gown, put his own label on the inside and say 'it's my own design! the label is different!' ?

Or a watch?

I would call it unfair, even if it's legal. Same thing with phone exteriors past a generic point.
Actually, at least in the US, fashion designs are not even covered by copyright. I can take any current dress design, and copy it freely, as long as I do not try to claim it is made by some other famous fashion designer. As long as my own label in inside it, it is perfectly legal.
StephenM is offline   Reply With Quote