View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
No, I'm talking about not having to switch back and forth, but have both open.

Yes, I understand exactly what you're saying. What I'm saying is that user interface studies over the years have shown that multi-window interfaces just won't work very well on small touchscreens - they're too fiddly to use. Your finger is too clumsy a tool in proportion to the size of the window. The reason they work on PCs is that a mouse is a lot more accurate. It's not just arbitrary that we have the UI's we do - it's the result of an awful lot of effort in usability research.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote