View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #134
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
Oooh, boy... so close.

I'm certainly going to keep watching this but I'm also going to be waiting until summer to see what else gets announced/released between now and then. I think the price is to be expected and certainly compares favorably to what iRex charges for a comparable screen (yes, I realize the other features are quite different).

Still disappointed there's no SD card - I have a 4GB one filled up AND I had to leave stuff off of it to make room for what's on it. That number of books they cite is obviously not for page-scan PDFs.

At first I was annoyed at the page-turning controls only being on the right. Don't they do any real-world testing on these things??? Hold and change pages with left hand, write notes with right... (ime, obviously). Many users aren't going to want to only take notes on the device. That was my rant. Then I read an early post here about the rotating screen and how you can rotate it 180 degrees, so my rant lost some of its air.

Thanks to all who have posted. Lots of good food for thought. I'm thinking I'll probably end up with one if Sony stays quiet and the Apple tablet rumors turn out to be just that - rumors. Seems like I'm always waiting for this, first for iRex to release bluetooth/wifi version, then endlessly for the Plastic Logic device, and now summer for this.

And am I the only one who feels this tech should have been out ten years ago?

Last edited by Studio717; 05-06-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote