View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #124
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuliand View Post
Well i don't believe that is i good reason sony seem to have quite a few books plus once publishers have a device to sell too they might get and realese more books in ebook format just like record companies had to wake up and sell music online. What are the chances of being able to import a kindle DX to the uk?
Sony doesn't sell books (officially) anywhere but the US and Canada. The books for the UK, Germany and elsewhere are sold by other retailers. Since Amazon's focus seems to be cornering the market on where you get your content I don't think they're as interested in device only sales.

A lot of it goes back to the fact that the publishing rights situation for most ebooks isn't global, but mostly follows along with who holds the print rights. Stupid? Maybe, but that's how things are right now and thats a publisher issue more than an Amazon issue.

As to importing one to the UK it shouldn't be a problem. Look for threads on buying a Kindle 2 from outside the US. Getting a DX should work through the same methods.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote