Old 02-10-2013, 12:53 AM   #38
jasontaylor7
Blacklisted
jasontaylor7 began at the beginning.

Device: palm pixi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
No one said calibre was perfect.
Agreed. It's free. I'm almost surprised there are weekly updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I apologize if I'm wrong
Good. In your IM you said you didn't care if I wrote about this. So here goes. My first post to this site, mobileread.com was post post #2413094. Now it live. But it wasn't. For a while. My stats on this site showed zero instead of one. Meanwhile, google's cache showed the original post. On Feb. 6th I even retrieved my original post via google's cache so I'd have a copy:

At the time of writing my 3rd post to this board, 2nd to this thread, 33% of my posts had been deleted. Since I posted here, google's cache of my original post was deleted, the thread was undeleted to a new area without any notice to me until about a day after my 2nd post to this thread, at which point I got a message showing I was subscribed to a new thread. I assumed the reason the original post was deleted was because it showed how inefficient some DRM is. DRM takes up space. No surprise there. This board's policy is to respect all DRM, since doing otherwise would make you enemies of publishers. No shock my post was removed from the high-traffic general area.

Is it possible my thread was just moved? That would explain some of the facts, but not all, because my stats page went from 1 to 0 posts. Was my post held? Edited to remove a url? Then moved to a low-traffic area nobody visits? Sure, but why didn't the mod pm me so I had an idea? Also, note that at present time a google's last spider only shows posts 2-6. Not my first post. Why? Because it had already indexed my first post and is smart enough to know it had been deleted. Should I really show all the snapshots proving this? Probably not, because any discussions about moderator activity are not supposed to be even allowed here. (See Rule 12.) So I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by jasontaylor7; 02-10-2013 at 01:48 AM. Reason: remove trailing / in jpg.
jasontaylor7 is offline   Reply With Quote