View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #22
thersites
Enthusiast
thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad & PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by flips01 View Post
Ok. I assumed most Linux based versions was kinda customizable by default (Onyx, Bookeen etc), but I take it Pocketbook might be a step ahead, then ...
Those are highly customizable, although because the companies have chosen to keep most aspects open to this, not because it is linux-based. Several other readers, and many tablets, use a linux kernel, but restrict access to key components. I'm not sure at this point whether or not Pocketbook is a step ahead of Bookeen or Onyx on customizability (if I were looking to replace my 360, they'd both get serious consideration from me).

What distinguished the 360 in particular was that it was both so customizable and had (in the opinion of many) a great form factor (cover, shape, buttons, screen size, use of accelerometer). It was designed with a good deal of user input, which produced not only these features, but a sense that the company was very open to the end user. This created a lot of good will for many toward the company.
thersites is offline   Reply With Quote