View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #73
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I am testing the ePub firmware on my Gen3 and looked at this book. There are some problems:

The top margin is too small. The text is cut by the black "border" or if not cut it is so near that it looks to be cut and also the shadow when reading can be one line thick so you need a top margin.

I cannot disable justification.

The body font has high x-height so I think you need more leading. Also with a reader with no hyphenation and justified text the lines are to close to each other.
thanks for the feedback tompe. i think a lot of those details are out of my hands (dependent on the epub renderer) but i'll definitely take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremler View Post
Hi Zelda, I just wanted to add to the praise for your efforts. This book looks absolutely amazing on my sony prs505, and since I am new to creating epub, and learning html/css, I am inspired by you to create some nice looking ones too. What I love is that I can learn how to do things by viewing your source code, and the text wrapping around the illustrations is breathtaking, something that really adds to the reading experience. Congratulations !
i'm very glad you like it, bremler, and i'm really happy to hear that you're going to learn to make good-looking epub books. it can really be fun to try to make the nicest code possible. you can learn a lot in our epub forum and don't hesitate to ask questions. i had a lot of fun playing with the code and making this book. i was also really excited about the wrapped illustrations ; jellby did a lot of work on that code and the end solution wouldn't have been nearly as elegant without him. it's definitely one of my favourite details.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote