View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 02:55 PM   #1
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Mary Stewart's Arthurian series still being knocked off?

I was searching on the stores for Mary Stewart's Arthurian books (The Crystal Cave, etc) today, and on the Kobo store I was offered a couponable omnibus of the first four, called Legacy. It seemed a bit too good to be true - especially as the books were all available separately, not couponable and the first was more expensive than the omnibus.

At first, I thought it was just a bad geo-restriction, but looking at it, I noticed that the publisher was Smashwords, which didn't sound right at all, and then searching the web I found a thread right here on MR from 2011 about what looks to be the same book:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119244

If someone can explain to me how this is legit, then I'd be happy to buy it, but, honestly, I'd rather pirate it myself than pay some crook to rip off a 97 year-old woman. The persistence of these pirates is kind of amazing and disgusting.

Note that there do seem to be legit copies of the individual books available now, in the UK at least.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote