View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 09:44 PM   #114
please55
Connoisseur
please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: none
Fantastic guide, thanks for sharing. I'm curious what system you used to organize your ideas.

Most of my questions are geared towards understanding your choices or clarify my thinking.

a) You set the series for individual books to (1)[1] for sorting reasons but it doesn't appear to be any different from leaving the field empty for that subset. So why?

b) Why not use tags at all? Genres fulfils the same purpose - so why not use tags & keywords for example? Why create two custom columns/fields entirely?

c) Why use " , " instead of " & " as separator for keywords and genre column? It causes the tag browser to break out "fn, sf" and "sf, fn" as two separate categories and the "sf" category won't bring up books tagged with "fn, sf" or vice versa. **Edit** I just figured out why I had that behaviour - I had checked "contains names" when creating that column. Don't understand why but that explains (c).

Last edited by please55; 12-06-2014 at 11:56 PM.
please55 is offline   Reply With Quote