View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #11
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
But now this is strange. I understand that the "chapter x of y" per chapter instead of per book is something that the reader only does with kepubs. I started having this with a number of books I recently bought, so I assumed I'd bought kepubs instead of epubs.

From another thread, I now gather that a kepub is what you get if you buy a book at Kobo and download it to the device directly, through wifi.

But if I buy books from Kobo, I always do so on my PC. I download them in Adobe Digital Editions, import them into Calibre and sideload them onto the Aura.

So does the fact that I suddenly have page counting per chapter instead of per book have to do with Calibre after all? (Of course Calibre does *something* with the book when importing it, if only to remove the DRM in order to be able to handle the book.)

I've already edited the conf file so it doesn't bother me anymore. But I'm still at a loss as to what's happening.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote