View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #5
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I found the following on a page about sapphires:
Thanks for replying. I've found similar references... but I'm still in doubt.

It's clearly stated that Bhelliom is blue, and that the stones on both rings initially were also blue as they where made from the shards that came off of Bhelliom. It's also clearly stated that these stones became pale when the rings were used for the first time.

I do not remember anywhere that the stones in these rings turned red. Sapphire and ruby seem to be family; the red stones being called ruby, and all other ones being called sapphire.

So basically, as I understand it, all versions of this jewel are called sapphire, except when it's red: then it's called a ruby. There is also a transparent version of sapphire. Fine by me: the blue->pale (transparent) change for the stones in the rings is clearly explained in the story, but suddenly they're red without an explanation.

I hope to encounter that in the next novel (or somebody points out where I missed it), because these are mistakes/loopholes that can... uh... irritate me, as the question keeps nagging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I thought it was explained somewhere in there that the rings changed color due to some accident or getting blood on them. It has been a while though since I have read them so it could certainly be a different book that I am remembering.
If it is explained as such, then it's probably not in the first novel, or I have read straight through it without actually reading it. I can't really believe so.

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-15-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote