View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #7
bookworm2000
bookworm2000 is a jewel in the roughbookworm2000 is a jewel in the roughbookworm2000 is a jewel in the roughbookworm2000 is a jewel in the roughbookworm2000 is a jewel in the roughbookworm2000 is a jewel in the roughbookworm2000 is a jewel in the roughbookworm2000 is a jewel in the roughbookworm2000 is a jewel in the roughbookworm2000 is a jewel in the roughbookworm2000 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle 4NT, Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcavri View Post
2/ I cant understand how to write this magic formula
a) If you right-click on any column header a list of options appear. Choose "Add your own columns" (the last one). A new window will open, listing all your columns.

b) Press "Add a user-defined column" (at the bottom or the green "+").

c) Another window will appear. Choose a lookup name (e.g. "sort") and a column heading (e.g. "Sort"). For column type choose "Column built from other columns".

d) Copy the template from my first post to "Template". If you want to create your own templates I strongly recommend to read the Calibre template language manual.

e) Choose "Text" in the "Search column by" field.

SEE THE ATTACHED SCREENSHOT FOR AN OPTICAL REPRESENTATION OF THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

f) Click "OK". You will return to the last window. Click "Apply". When you're asked choose "Restart calibre now"

g) Calibre will restart. Your "Sort" column should now be visible. Click it's header once to sort ascending or twice to sort descending.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	98622  
bookworm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote