View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 04:56 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
OK, that is a tags-like column. It can contain multiple values, separated by commas. Search/Replace will operate on each value separately. However, as I don't see any commas in the source, it isn't clear whether this matters.

It isn't at all clear what happened in your example. It seems that the words "Adult Fiction" were added between every letter of the words "Doctor Who". I can make something like this happen if:
- The #genre column contains "Doctor Who".
- Use "character mode" searching
- Leave the "search for" box empty
- Enter "Adult Fiction" into the "replace with" box.

The words "Adult Fiction" will be inserted between every character of "Doctor Who". This is correct and expected behavior. The empty space between each character is being replaced with what is in the "replace with".

I can't see any way that it could happen accidentally. Of course, the fact that I can't see a way doesn't mean that there isn't a way.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote