View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 07:47 PM   #80
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
I have owned and used a number of e-ink devices and they are ideal for what they are designed for, reading black and white text. However I have also recently taken delivery of the Archos 9 tablet and installed windows 7 ultra (why on earth it shipped with 7 starter ) and it serves very well as a reader for the photography books that I read which really need colour display to get the most out of. It will replace a lap top for many tasks but will not replace my Kindle. Having said that I have read a couple of novels on it using the mobipocket reader and it has been more than acceptable. With the back light turned down very low I have not experienced any eye strain at all.
I am still experimenting with the handwriting conversion capabilities of the device but it is looking like it will be very useful for when uni resumes in March.
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote