View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 03:48 AM   #32
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
I put a hold on it based on the reviews and melmac's wishlist (our tastes coincide often), not because it's written by Rowling. Even better, when I was looking at the reviews on Amazon I glanced at the "other books people bought" line at the bottom of the page and noticed a new book by Mick Herron (followup to Slow Horses, called Dead Lions). Turns out my library has that as well, so it's on hold too.
I follow your recs too

The book first came to my attention when it was featured in an Audible newsletter last month, then I looked it up on goodreads and it had strong reviews. Hence it made it to the wishlist I like to discover new authors although as it turned out he wasn't new to me after all Unfortunately due to the price tag down here of $16+ for the ebook I doubt I'll be getting it in the near future

I think releasing it under another name was the only way she was going to get fair feedback about the book but I am more than a little cynical about the unmasking. One would think keeping it under wraps a bit longer wouldn't have been all that difficult if that is what they really wanted.

Last edited by melmac; 07-15-2013 at 08:13 AM.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote