View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 08:32 AM   #42
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by notimetoread View Post
no, I haven't tried it, I only guessed.
I was able to install the normal firmware on my fnac branded french kobo touch without any problems, so I assumed this would be possible for differently branded kobo touches as well.

Why should it not work?

It migh work if you the kobo you buy still has an old firware version. You can update up to .12. However, the new Kobo firmware (.14) disables the kobo until you sync with the desktop app.

Do you have a link to where the Fnac firmware can be downloaded? If they have their own custom firmware, I would be interested in testing it on my KT, (even if it is in French)
rashkae is online now   Reply With Quote