View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Just curious - why didn't you look on PG in the first place? It's the first place to look for "classics".
Sorry, just found this reply. I was sooooo crazy busy that day and I just wanted someone to spoon feed me a nice pretty copy.

The PG version is horrible. It is full of footnotes, but not in any sort of reasonable format. It has an obsureword+asterisk, then immediately within 2 or 3 words you get asterisk+explanation without any sort of break or anything. The page numbering is atrocious with just <1>, <2>, etc randomly scattered amongst the text.

It is marginally better than just scanning in a book, because it would be PDF and all of the footnotes would be at the bottom, but what a mess!

Meanwhile, I'm happy to be re-reading the Prologue again. I've never read The Canterbury Tales from beginning to end, but always in teacher's preferred order. I plan on going thru it page by page and am looking forward to it!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote