View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #24
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Try disabling (not remove, so it can be quickly re-enabled) the Enhanced Controller in the device manager. This makes the device behave as a USB 1 (snail slow) device.
The only problem with this solution is it affect ALL of the Intel USB ports

BTW if this allows the Kobo to work, it only proves (without a full USB certification suite) that the Pair (Kobo<->PC) is an Engineering Tolerance Edge case.
My first PEz would not work with many ICH5 series, but without all the timings a Certification does, I would not be able to PROVE the device was the villian (The newer on works perfect with all settings normal)
Alas, it made no difference at all. My Aura HD behaved exactly the same as with USB2 enabled: with automatic metadata management enabled it dropped off the bus as soon as Calibre was done with it, and with it set to manual it let me send a single book, after which it's gone
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote