View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #142
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Are you really talking about sending me an Aura? Well, that would be so kind and appreciated
Anyhow, if I can reveal this now, koreader should already be able to run on an Aura. I don't know since not having one I couldn't test, but I assume it since the firmware running on the Glo is the same.
Time to create a new thread with some instructions and a binary...
Hopefully I can find a way to place the order and have it delivered to your address.

I have the launcher working on one of my AuraHDs and it appears to be working fine. It's been a long time since I played much chess and some of the other games are ones I never tried. The programs look very well done and the workaround to accommodate the tile GUI may be the only weak point, but it is quite inventive. The KoReader is my main interest, of course, for now, but the CoolReader or something else like it would be very interesting as well. I expect that what will end up being the best effort to improve the AuraHD will be an alternate version of the firmware with the database and server ties removed. In the meantime your Launcher provides a great way to extend and expand the capabilities of the device, and should be useful however the reading and data vs. file management issues get addressed.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 06-30-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote