View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #1
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Question Possible bugs with new "Languages" field.

Hi, I do really like this new feature.

Moreover, I did have in my Calibre database two custom fields for language: the first one for the current book language (#language) and the second one for the original language of the book (#original_language).

But, although I'm not sure I think there are some bugs with this feature.

1st one. Select "Greek, Ancient (to 1453)"
Voila you get an error. I think the problem is that it should be "Greek; Ancient (to 1453)" like "Spanish; Castilian".

2nd one. Comparison with the new Languages field doesn't work
Because of the new Languages field, I intend to erase my previous #language column, while keeping #original_language one.

In addition to #language and #original_language, I have got a calculated "Original Language?" field (with a "#original" lookup name).

The template for this field is
Code:
{#original:'strcmp(field('#original_language'), field('#language'), 'No', 'Yes', 'No')'}
With this code, it perfectly works (see Old-Right.jpg screenshot)

But if I update the #original field template, using Languages instead of #language, it stops working.

So this code:
Code:
{#original:'strcmp(field('#original_language'), field('Languages'), 'No', 'Yes', 'No')'}
doesn't work, (see New-Wrong.jpg).

Am I doing something wrong? or is it a bug?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Old-Right.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	620.1 KB
ID:	75579   Click image for larger version

Name:	New-Wrong.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	698.8 KB
ID:	75580  
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote