View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 03:53 AM   #41
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
... But yeah it could be a licensing issue, I wonder how Adobe price those things.....
I really, really doubt it has anything to do with licensing. Or with difficulties implementing PDFs into the Kindle.

I'd guess that Amazon was pushed into PDF by the likes of NYT and textbook publishers. But then Bezos, who already owns .mobi, decided PDF adoption would be bad for .mobi and its derivatives. So Amazon did as little as possible, to claim PDF support.

Which means, that there might be little chance, that Amazon will provide a fix soon.

And which also means, that no one should buy a Kindle DX, for its PDF capabilities.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote