View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #12
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Maybe the market for ereaders is simply becoming saturated. It's cheaper to buy used print books than ebooks...
It can be cheaper, especially in these days of agency, but I still buy them all as e-books just for the convenience.

That said, 100% of the people I know with e-readers got them in the last few months (myself included) so, while admittedly completely anecdotal, I don't have the sense that demand is peaking. Quite the opposite, I see demand piquing.

Though I do see consolidation occuring, with the big four (Kindle, Kobo, Nook, and Sony, in no particular order) consolidating their hold on device sales.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote