View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #13
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie_lu View Post
To be able to download free public library ebooks.
This is certainly the number one item for me.

I just now browsed the selection at my home public library, and it didn't interest me. The selection for the library of the city where I work, Philadelphia, is slightly more in tune with my tastes, and I reserved one book (3 patrons ahead of me). But their eBook selecton still is trivial compared to what's on the shelves. However, over the next few years, won't this change? I think it already is changing, with fewer hardback purchases due to recession battered library budgets.

I've ordered a Kindle 3, partly for the "experimental" no-monthly-fee internet access. I don't see myself ever buying another eReader unless it conveniently accepts encrypted library eBooks.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 08-12-2010 at 10:08 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote