View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #22730
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
They don't have to pay me loads because I like doing it.
Never let 'em know.
That's something I learned the hard way, although it wasn't petsitting but computer tinkering and; before I passed the exams: translating.

I'm not saying you should take ammounts professional service providers do, but regardless WHAT you do; never work for a tip - the outcome is - QED, that people start thinking (may be even a subconscious thing) the do YOU a favour providing you with occupation you like.

I' m not saying you gotta financially kick them in the balls - but most people need to feel your effort in their wallet or they'll not appreciate it. Simple as that.

There are rare cases I make exceptions: if the people in question are REALLY poor - that usually means assembling a "best possible" PC from two or three abandoned ones they can get for free from others.
In these case I keep the leftover parts as 'payment' (and use them up as repair replacement parts for others who can't afford new stuff)
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote