View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Device: jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I have a number of the image type PDFs that are scanned pages from the "Backwoods
Home Magazine", they are quite readable on my JBL at 200% zoom. I have to scroll
around the page, to see the image properly through the limited window that a 5-inch
640x480 display provides.
When I first started reading on the JBL, I had no idea that there were other options for me out there. I only had pdf ebooks, so I thought that's what I had to stick with. I actually had to perform operation scroll right scroll left scroll down for a couple books before I told myself this was ridiculous and began collecting non-pdf ebooks.

When I first showed my brother my JBL, the first question that came out of his mouth was "does this read pdf?"

And a couple days ago, someone started a thread asking about displaying the pdf he just bought/downloaded for his girlfriend.

We as a community need to better educate people about the evils of pdf for the ebook reading community. It's the second worst format imaginable.
jblitereader is offline   Reply With Quote