View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 10:34 AM   #5
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible
My biggest hurdle is in my own household. I'm not that excentric!!! That is again the way ebooks are still regarded.
Same in my home. My wife, who works in press printing, is constantly advising me to get my books printed, then start travelling from bookstore to bookstore and library to library to sell my books. She's not quite a Luddite, she works with a Mac all day, but when it comes to doing anything entertaining with a computer, she can't imagine it!

It continually surprises me how many people will own MP3 players and carry them around constantly, carry cellphones with them constantly, but will look at you funny when you pull out a PDA and stare at it. And for people who aren't that attached to cellphones and MP3 players... a PDA is a toy. An e-book reader must be like a comic book to them.

Sometimes I believe it stems from (are you ready?...) kids playing on portable game devices. Adults don't seem to perceive the difference... and like comic books, if they perceive no difference, they have no way of knowing the difference in sophistication between Spiderman and Ghost In The Shell. (My wife looks down her nose equally at my entire collection of comics and graphic novels, by the way... to her, it's all kid's stuff!)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote