View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 10:07 PM   #2
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'd literally been told one day before that Teen Tech Week (referenced on the podcast) coincided with Read an E-book Week! Unfortunately, based on the comments in the podcast, it really doesn't sound like e-books are making much of an impact on many library systems.

It seems to me to be connected to the fact that the general public knows next to nothing about e-books... not about what they are, how you read them, how you get them, or what kind of content there is. And it doesn't sound like the library systems are doing enough to get the word out.

Not that I'm saying it's their fault, you understand. But I do get the impression that they're not particularly motivated or enthusiastic about e-books beyond a very few library staffers.

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 03-03-2007 at 10:10 PM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote