View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 05:25 AM   #7
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
I love my iLiad. Today is the 4th day after shipping I found out "I don't want to live without it anymore". This little device changed my reading habits completely.

To my surprise reading on iLiad feels really like reading on paper. Thanks to eink-technology. Time of fatigable reading long documents on laptop screen is over for me.

Hyperlinking in pdf files [page croping is your friend; yes iliad's software is limited right now] works already. It's a bonus that "all" scientists use pdflatex which creates hyperlinks in toc.

This was a great moment: iLiad runs out of power - but the last page stays on screen, so eink works! If iRex works on power management iLiad will a even more cool device. Status quo: iLiad is a promising geek toy which I use several days a day.

I would buy an [not finished] iLiad again, if i could choice. But that's my humble opinion.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote