View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #74
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
But Amazon have now come back with a real answer: "You may authorize any one you wish to read it, but that person's device must be registered to your account to do so."

Full reply in spoiler tags.
Quote:
I am sorry about the confusion caused by my colleagues reply to your query.

Publishers choose whether they apply digital rights management software (DRM) to their content. There is no limit on the number of times a title can be downloaded to a registered Kindle device or Kindle-compatible device running a Kindle application, but there may be limits on the number of Kindle devices and applications (usually 6) that can simultaneously use a single book.[...]

This means that your Spouse's, Children's and even your friend's Kindle can be registered to your account and can download and read your books from you Archived items. Provided they do not exceed the limit of licenses.

In terms of use, you have purchase a copy of a book with us, and it is your copy. You may authorize any one you wish to read it, but that person's device must be registered to your account to do so.
I don't see any ambiguity here, and it seems a very sensible answer.
Great job! And I totally agree - Very sensible.

We need to keep a link to this post handy. (though I'm hesitant to flaunt it, for fear the publishers might make demands. )
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote