View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 03:41 AM   #70
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper_ View Post
This might be one of those questions nobody wants to risk having codified as a strict law or rule, but follow a “reasonable man" approach.
I agree that they probably don't want clarity here, as I suspect that the clear answer will be that only the account holder is permitted to read the ebooks.

I am now intrigued enough to follow up until I exhaust their patience or they give me a straight answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper_ View Post
... and the fact that those publishers won't even allow that highly-restricted sort of lending (a book can only be lent one time in its life, and then only for two weeks, during which time, only the lendee can read it, all managed by Amazon/BN) says a lot about what *they* would like the answer to pdurrant's question to be.
A very good point!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote