View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #135
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
I was stuck for WEEKS with this book that I had bought yet could not read or use. I eventually was able to transfer it to my e-reader using a wine program to put it on ADE and then drag the book into my e-reader via USB. And it was only by a fluke that I discovered that. Were it not for my digging around for "how to", and hard work on my part, I'd still be really sad that the money I had paid for was lost forever with nothing to show.
But, to be fair, this (and the previous post) is a complaint about bad DRM systems, which the Adept/ADE combo is. If the DRM had been completely transparent, and the book just magically appeared on your Kindle/iThing, you probably wouldn't have had have such a strong response.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote