View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 05:20 AM   #124
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
stop "victimizing" paying customers with their security cameras and their hard to open packages, and focus purely on better service.
That's an entirely different thing. If I buy something, when I get it home it's not illegal for me to open the packaging and utilize the contents as I see fit.

A store having security measures to protect as-yet UNbought merchandise is perfectly reasonable.

It's different than buying something, going home and even after you've bought it, it still won't come out of the box.

That is what DRM does to paying customers. It treats them like thieves even after they've said "hey I am not a thief. Here is my cash or credit card number!"

Even sites which sell DRM-free books have "in-store" measures against the downloading of such prior to when the paypal or credit transaction has been received.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote