View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 10:44 PM   #22
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Just remember that it's Asus, the people putting together the Nexus 7, as well as their history of generally overpriced laptop lines of mediocre build quality.

I expect Acer will come in with a few lower priced models however they will no doubt be lacking in the build quality and come with horrific bundled software as per usual.

I do think that a middle ground will start to show up, but I doubt that'll happen in the first gen and will most likely take someone like HP or Toshiba (if they're playing this game) to get nice robust business line up, so that people stop trying to make horribly engineered flashy toys and focus a bit on the price/quality aspect.

Hopefully we get better non-Androidzzz free-OS/DE support in the long run as companies look into them as has not really happened with the current ARM stuff (closed graphics cores, wheee).
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote