View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #58
Kenneth_irl
Addict
Kenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle 3 + Paperwhite 7th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
The question not addressed: how many of them have downloaded ebooks that have a legit version available in their area?

Pirating the Harry Potter books is not damaging anyone's sales, because there are no digital versions to buy.
Indeed.

I personally find it problematic how some corporations/organizations define that a download equals a lost sales. It could of course be seen as a smart move on their side to make things look more bleek so that they'll in turn gain more political leverage, ect. It might even be used as a propaganda tool to harden the hearts of people against people who downloads illegally.

But

I really don't think this is a good practical strategy as people such as myself are disgust by this manipulation/propaganda of theirs. And don't get me started on the filthy, outrageous lawsues against teenagers/young folks that have no chance in hell to pay these fines back(if they still do this. I haven't read about a case in some time now).

Last edited by Kenneth_irl; 05-20-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Kenneth_irl is offline   Reply With Quote