View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #92
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazem View Post
She only knew about Amazon, did not know there was any other way to obtain books. She was unaware that there are other sources out there. This seems like living in a city with a large public library, but being told that you can only get books from THIS bookstore.

Personally I have had bad luck with DRM'd ebooks. The few I bought, several years ago, had problems when I wanted them on more than one device. Namely my desktop and my laptop. That was just too much trouble to deal with.

I will check out Feedbooks, and, as I already use Calibre, will install that for her. I know that she will not be interested DRM removal, hacking, scripts, or pirate sites. Just an alternative to Amazon only.

tazem
Understood about the DRM. Of course with Amazon you can read the books on your kindle, PC, Mac, Andriod phone, iPad, iPod, etc.

If you want to find more DRM free sources check out our Wiki at https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_stores which specifies if the books stores use DRM or not. Some popular ones that have DRM free are Smashwords, Webscriptions and Fictionwise multi-format books are DRM free also.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote