Thread: Indexeses
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 04:40 PM   #29
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Hmm... I don't use readerware... I use librarything for that. Although I have choosen to enter "books I've read" in library thing rather than use it to index files/books that I have/own. Of course you could use it that way via tags. Then I use calibre to "index" my ebook files and also do conversions to LRF if needed. I don conversions to Mobi using other command line tools then add those files to calibre. But, I think there are future plans to be able to plug in other command line tools.

Hey, there is always room for more software in this world. But, since calibre is open and Kovid accepts patches it seems to make sense to add some of these features to it rather than starting with a clean slate.

BOb
Integration with Librarything would be fine, too (or instead). I have a lifetime account there (I found Librarything after I already had gotten Readerware). The point is to be able to manage both my ebook and pbook collections within one system and see how far out of sync they are. I have quite a few "format shifted" ebooks, and I want to make sure my ebook collection is accounted for in either paid-for commercial ebooks or matching pbooks. Also, as previously mentioned, I'm trying to duplicate/replace my paper library entirely with ebooks, as nearly all my pbooks are currently in storage due to lack of shelf space, and I'm going through withdrawal symptoms on some of them.

BTW, does Calibre consider CBZ/CBR as supported filetypes? Due to space considerations, I've been format-shifting my manga collection, as well. Sometimes I convert the CBZ files to PDF using various utilities, but not always.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote