View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 03:18 AM   #6
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by novation View Post
Another thing – I previewed this same epub file on my iPad using Apple's book proofer software and it looked fabulous. Go figure...
That is not saying anything... I suspect you viewed it with iBooks. Apple took a shortcut and used WebKit as rendering engine for books with some adaptions. However, an ePUB is a subset of xhtml and css, not the full set. So, some things will work that will not work on anything else because it is not in the specs. Also, their 'adaptations' messed up some things badly by not following the specs.
Your results may be quite different compared to your aim.
Most on this forum advise to test at least on ADE. That seems to be the safest choice at the moment.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote