View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
BTW, my authors are listed as LN, FN and my titles are listed as LN, dash, series name, series number, book name.
You might also want to consider having your book titles more human-readable, and letting calibre's output turn them into what your reader needs (I've got a Sony, so I'm not very up on how other readers list their books). So your authors could be listed as FN, LN, with LN, FN in author_sort, and author, series name, and series number could go into their respective slots, leaving the title as just book name. Then have the output to device assemble the book title (or pseudo-title) the way you've got it, which I assume is the way your device needs it. This can avoid some weird sorting problems because each field to be sorted is limited to a simpler format.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote