View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 09:54 PM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Your right, but in the folder I was trying to change it to I had the name of the metadata file as metadata.db - Calibre would not see the file. As soon as I changed it to metadata sans db - the books popped right in. The db refers to the extension but I don't think Calibre looks for that as the name of the file. I could be wrong.
I'm glad you got it working.

I don't have Windows 7 but I'm guessing, like Windows XP, it has a Hide extensions for known file types option. Having this feature checked hides the extension but will still show the file type as Database File. I'm guessing at sometime you noticed the file just said metadata and you renamed it metadata.db, but the file system that was hiding the extension read it as metadata.db.db.

So when you went and removed the db from the file name the file system saw metadata.db. I always uncheck this feature because I want to actually see the extension.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote