View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #169
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaczmilk View Post
Hmmm.... I really don't know how to explain this, but I woke up in the morning and my Kindle is in a diagnostics mode finally! So my device was left 3 full days in a charger. It seems this guy under the tree has just finished his book

So another solution for frustrated part of Kindle society. Leave it in a charger and go for holidays.

I'll keep fighting today.

EDITED: Launched Kubrick CD, flashing device once more, Kindle restarted and... guy returned under his tree. So maybe booting takes 12 hours or so. But why? Maybe there is some corrupted book in a file system or simply there is no more space on Kindle device and I should remove some files?

Can you give me an advice how can I mount my Kindle so I can delete all of unnecessary book stuff?
When it returns to diags mode -
Use the menu item to "export USB" (your USB storage) -
Connect USB cable to your PC - remove and/or delete books like you normally would do -

For this "very long startup time" situation, I would suggest copying them **all** off - to eliminate the "bad book" possibility.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote