View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 11:57 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by palex481 View Post
I have almost decided between the Sony 505 and the Kindle. (I have $450 in amazon dollars, so the Cybook is out unfortunately, Don't sell it on amazon) I know you can email Amazon PDF files, but it doesn't look like you can email LIT files, you have to convert them with an outside program like Convert LIT or ABC Amber first then email them.

I was almost set on the Sony but I've heard bad things about the fonts and resizing them. Thoughts?
I think a LIT file is basically a package that contains html files. So, you should be able to convert them to .mobi format for the Kindle...(yes you may need convert lit first. But, you can create a simple batch file that will do all the steps with one command.) The Sony will display your LRFs just fine since LRF is the native format. They will layout the same on the reader as they do on the calibre or eBook software viewer.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote