View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 09:13 AM   #13
Statch
Connoisseur
Statch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it is

Device: Kindle PW2, Samsung Galaxy 3, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
There are multiple free ereaders for Android that have that file transfer function built in. I'm not sure why you'd buy an app to transfer an ebook to your Android, when you need an ereader to read it anyway, and almost all the free ereaders do that function for you. Plus, after moving it to your Android, they put it in their library and keep track of it.

Two to look at are Aldiko and Moon +. I know there are others.
You're right, of course, but I'm using the Kindle app for Android, which I think doesn't do that. (If I'm wrong, though, I'd love to know.) I'm using the Kindle software because of the last page sync feature.

I know there are other ways to get the books to my Android phone without having to use the USB connection, but this was simple, and I don't mind paying the $2.99. I did just figure out how to connect to the Calibre server using the Kindle browser and download books that way, which I was really happy about. (I was emailing them before but then realized that destroys the last page sync option, and I really didn't want to go back to the USB cable.)
Statch is offline   Reply With Quote