View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 03:36 PM   #8
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Yeah, but Baen is, I think, and anomally. There books are both nonDRM and free so any 'study' might give mixed results. I have downloaded most of what is available, and will probably pay for them when I read them, not just because I downloaded them.

In the case of Fictionwise, they are DRM and nonDRM, but neither (with a handful of exceptions) is free. In fact, at Fictionwise you can pay for what you get at manybooks for no charge. So I can't really do the same thing at Fictionwise as I can at Baen. Similary, if I try and author at Baen and determine 20% in the author isn't for me, I won't feel bad about not paying.
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote