View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
Unfortunately, I had only a partial success.

I have installed both samba and the ftp server.

With samba: I can't get to my external card even though I specified the additional mounting point for it.
BTW, samba says: for external cards, only vfat formatted supported at this time.

With ftp - I can get to the external card without problems but I cannot change directories. I keep getting this message:

550 Invalid name or chroot violation

If I specify in the ftp server some directory on the card as the initial directory, then I get there when connected, but I still cannot move anywhere from it.

UPDATE: the ftp problem solved:
the initial directory for the external card has to be /mnt/extsd instead of /extsd

Still, samba is working with the internal flash only.

As to ftp, I need a better Far ftp plugin to support various characters and alphabets in folder/file names. With FileZilla - everything is ok. But I need something for FAR.
So far I tried the usual ftp plugin and NetBox - NetBox shows some promise but fails very quickly.

Last edited by parkher; 02-25-2012 at 04:47 AM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote